Five 2013 #bloomoftheday Features
Throughout the season we feature many different blooms via our twitter feed (@brockrdnursery) with our hashtag #bloomoftheday. These photos are all taken right at the garden centre of blooms we cannot help but share because they are so beautiful or have a special meaning to us. Here are 5 favourites from 2013. We look forward to sharing many, many more in 2014! Wishing everyone a happy, healthy 2014!
1. The Pansy - A classic welcome to the new gardening season in Southern Ontario. This beauty is from the Whisker Series.
2. The Sweet William - This was featured both for its beauty and its sentiment. These fragrant beauties remind me of my Grandmother and the beautiful bouquets she used to bring me on my birthdays.
3. Elephant Ear - These tropical beauties look magnificent in containers and add a resort like feel to patios and pool decks. But rarely are they featured for their blooms, as their large elephant ear-like leaves always steal the show.
4. Hardy Hibiscus - The colour and size of the blooms on these hardy hibiscus are simply stunning. Hard to believe these tropical looking beauties are as hardy as they truly are!
5. Ice covered Coneflower. This image wraps up the year and is featured as it is magically frozen in place!